It’s official. We’ve decided we’re doing a podcast. Tonight or tomorrow we’ll be recording our very first episode and shipping it out to you lovely people! We hope you’re excited and thrilled to listen to Cathy and I argue with one another about the games we love, the ones we don’t and everything we’ve played that week at our separate game nights!
Our latest episode is live! Be sure to check it out and subscribe if you haven’t already!
Happy New Year / News 0002.
Hope you guys are excited to see some more videos because I have a ton in the works. If you’d like to see what I’m currently working on be sure to stop by our Instagram. As well, we’ve got a contest coming up once we reach 100 subscribers and we’re almost there! So be sure to tell your friends to subscribe! It helps us out so much! We also now have an amazing sponsor sending us some games and looking forward to more!
Thanks for all the love and support!
Join the BGG Guild #2830.
Thanks for all the support! We’ve got lots of new videos coming soon! We’ve also gotten some brand new lighting for the “set” that will drastically improve the quality of our videos. We’re so excited to start churning out videos and we hope you love them!
For the next few videos we’re going to be heavily focused on reviews. We also have a few “maker” videos coming as well. That said, we’d love to know what you’d like to see. So let us know!
I wanted to post a quick update on here as to why videos slowed. Currently, I’ve got a billion things on my plate, not least of which is our photography jobs, lol — and this is crazy season. As well, I am a writer and I have NANOWRIMO (National Novel Writing Month) coming up. That said, once December hits, we will have a huge amount of free time to start churning out videos that we can then publish at a much faster rate. So expect a lot from us this winter. We cannot wait to share what we’ve been working on!
I’m currently hard at working designing some upcoming inserts. Currently my plans include inserts for:
- Energy Empire
- Century: Golem Edition
- Lorenzo il Magnifico
Do you have games you’d like me to design an insert for? Let me know in the comments.
I’m also planning some reviews in the coming weeks:
- Okey Dokey
- Vinhos Deluxe
- Campy Creatures
Are there any games you’d like me to review? Let me know!
I’m also planning on making some how to videos on building inserts, tips and such, as well as videos that will help new gamers get into the hobby. If either of these interest you or you have additional ideas, let me know.
We have two new videos live on the site! Be sure to check them out. And while you’re there — be sure to like and subscribe! It really helps us out and make these videos possible. The more subscribers we get, the faster we can grow and add to this channel!
I’ve uploaded the first build video to my youtube channel. I hope you enjoy it. I’ve included a bunch of photos of the design below. Feel free to use these to create your own insert for personal use. If you make this insert, please tag me on Instagram so I can see all your hard work! And let me know if you’ve come up with ways to fix my mistakes. Enjoy!
The first video is live! You can watch it here, or you can watch it on YouTube!
UNBOXING TINY EPIC QUEST!
We’ve been getting lots of emails and messaging from fans of our Instagram page as well as family and friends, wanting to know what our YouTube channel will be all about and when it will launch. February it seems was an insane deadline when I had no idea what I was doing or what I really wanted. And like the writer I am, many drafts later, I finally have a plan.
So here’s the official announcement.
Along with reviews – the focus of the Bock’s Games brand will be … drumroll … making! You heard that right. As an aspiring maker and maker-enthusiast I’ve fallen in love recently with some amazing channels out there and have decided to set my sights on bringing this same enjoyment to the board game community. So what does that all mean? What sort of “maker things” will the channel have?
YouTube Channel Overview!
- INSERT BUILDS! I’ll be designing and building custom inserts for my favorite board games. Likely, I will design these in sketch up and then put together a video crafting these inserts set to wonderful royalty-free music. My main source of inspiration in the look and feel would be Laura Kampf (and if you haven’t seen her stuff, go check it out). I’ll also be including how-to sections showing where I get my ideas and how I prototype them. I’ll be doing some extra special touches to these inserts as well to make them more than just a foam core shell. And at the beginning – the plans will be free on this website, though I’m sure that Patreon will get involved at some point.
- CUSTOM GAME PIECES! I’ll be designing and building custom game pieces for different games. Wood tokens. Dice trays. List goes on. I want these to be relatively easy for anyone to make or do on their own at home. My goal is not to offer these for sale, but to make it be something that an enthusiast with a little time and patience can make without breaking their budget.
- REVIEWS! Yep. I’ll still have these but they will be very short (less than 5 min when possible). These will be proper REVIEWS, not overviews. I won’t be going over the rules much because there are many excellent sites that offer this already. I want people to get a feel for the game and I’m not pulling punches. The first half of these videos will be me setting up the game, close ups of the parts, etc.
- COLLABORATIONS! I want to do these so bad and we already have one planned with A VINTAGE VANITY.
- AND MORE! Yes. More. I’ll be doing tips. Explaining game types. Showing where to get supplies. Possibly some painting tips as well. Everything I can offer to help gamers out and I’ll be taking your feedback on a regular basis.
When will this all start?
Well. See. I don’t know. I’m hoping within the next two weeks. My big goal right now is to have SOMETHING up on the site before GenCon. That’d be my big plan. It might not be super exciting, but it’ll be an excellent place holder for things to come! As of right now — Instagram reviews are on hold while I focus on getting this thing up and running and once it is, the reviews will start being on there with notes on Instagram to go watch them! I’ll be posting a TON from GenCon50, so stay tuned!
Thanks again for your support and if you have any ideas, don’t hesitate to message me or leave a comment below!